This was such a fun recipe!! I was able to do it in stages, and was able to get them made in between feeding my baby, getting my son ready for school, naptime, a shower…
If I were to do this recipe again, I would use candy melts instead of Bakers chocolate, and be a little neater with my “painting” so that I don’t get those little edges around the hearts.
10 oz (2.5 bars) Bakers Chocolate
1 box Thin Mint Cookies
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1. In a double boiler, melt one bar of the Bakers chocolate, and keep on low heat. Using a pastry brush, line the insides of the Mini Heart Tray with a thin layer of chocolate. Place tray in the freezer to speed up setting of the chocolate. Remove leftover chocolate from heat and set aside.
2. While the chocolate is hardening, put the cream cheese in your stand mixer to soften. Using a food processor, grind up Thin Mint cookies into fine crumbs. Pour the cookie crumbs into the cream cheese, and mix until it becomes a firm dough.
3. Restart the double boiler with leftover chocolate, and add the other bar. Brush on a second layer of chocolate into the Mini Heart Tray. It should set a little faster this time.
4. When the second layer is set, press small amount of cookie mix (about 1/2 tablespoon) into the hearts, leaving a very small space at the top. Brush third layer of chocolate over the top of the dough, applying liberally to fill in the empty spaces.
5. Place in the freezer one last time to harden. Once set, carefully Pop them out of the tray.
THESE TASTE SO YUMMY!!!