Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
5 very ripe bananas, peeled
2/3 cup melted butter
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups Sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 bag chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350*F, and prep any Demarle at Home medium sized tray on a Perforated Baking Sheet.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
3. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour. Add chocolate chips.
4. Pour the batter into your prepared tray, filling each well halfway. Bake for about 18-20 minutes at 350°, or until tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and let cool about 5-10 minutes before removing from tray. Gently push muffins from bottom, and remove.
This recipe will make 2 trays. Feel free to modify amount of sugar to make the bread more or less sweet. I love to use dark chocolate chunks in place of the chocolate chips!
My favorite trays to use for this recipe are: